Shawn Chesney Home Inspections
Protective Actions During COVID-19
With the current situation of COVID-19, there are many unanswered questions and concerns. Not knowing what is going on, misleading information being spread online can be a cause of great stress for our family friends and neighbors.
During the very important and ever-changing directives from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and the Ontario and Canadian Government, Shawn Chesney Home Inspections has developed a company policy to support these safety initiatives and safety guidelines. The safety of our community, our clients and their families, and the occupants of the homes we inspect is paramount to us. Shawn Chesney Home Inspections practices are intended to prevent the transmission of this virus and we ask all of those involved in the transaction to also commit to the following protocols and procedures when a home inspection is being performed. We at Shawn Chesney Home Inspections are continually monitoring the directives of the various agencies and Health Officials. We will alter our protocol as needed.
Shawn Chesney Home Inspections
Protocols and Procedures to Combat the Spread of COVID-19
1. Shawn Chesney Home Inspections asks clients, if at all possible, not to attend the inspection in order to minimize risk of cross contamination. Arrival at the end of the inspection is encouraged, where we can discuss the findings outside the home. Another great alternative is a video meeting to discuss the inspection findings.
2. Please do not bring additional people to the inspection; this includes children, contractors, relatives, friends, and others who are not directly involved in the transaction.
3. Shawn Chesney Home Inspections Inspectors will not shake hands, bump fists or touch elbows as we adhere to the spirit and support the social distancing guidelines of maintaining six-foot distance from others.
4. If anyone in the transaction is experiencing a fever or cough, do not attend the inspection.
5. If a Shawn Chesney Home Inspections Inspector is experiencing a fever or cough, we will reschedule the inspection or substitute with a different inspector.
6. Before during and after the inspection, Shawn Chesney Home Inspections Inspectors will use hand sanitizer to disinfect our hands as per the recommended guidelines. Additionally, we will wash our hands at every sink location for a minimum of 20 seconds, as per recommended guidelines. We will bring our own antibacterial soap and hand towels for this purpose and/or the use of latex gloves. We will use sanitizing wipes on faucets and toilet handles. Also, we will refrain from touching our face during the inspection as per recommended guidelines.
7. Shawn Chesney Home Inspections Inspectors will use our own sanitized footwear during the interior inspection.
8. Before all inspections, Shawn Chesney Home Inspections Inspectors will sanitize our mobile devices and tools.
9. At the request of the homeowner, we are happy to wear masks during the inspection. However, according to recommended guidelines, frequent washing of hands and refraining from touching our face is the best method of preventing the spread of COVID-19.
10. Shawn Chesney Home Inspections Inspectors will refrain from touching any item that is not directly included in the inspection process.
Thank you, we wish you and your loved ones health and safety during these unprecedented times. Let’s work together to combat this pandemic and flatten the curve.